Welcome to the Blogger.com site for Alcor Democracy. [More] just below is the latest post-- below that, several of the latest posts by subject line-- and then below that-- the alphabetical index. Finally at the bottom, some useful introductory remarks.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ALCOR-- board meetings-- 01-- March meeting promises tension

The next board meeting in March-- I have to check the date-- will be VERY interesting because this entire situation is likely to be on the agenda. It was debated in 1985 and in 1997-- this represents the 3rd major round-- but this time-- there is that original bylaw reference to Director Electorate... which does not appear to have been raised before. It would be interesting if Fred Chamberlain were called in (flown in) to "testify". Dave Pizer has pointed out to Alcor's board that they ought to have an attourney present. I'm not sure if this means Dave will be there-- or what-- but the silence in the cryonics forums on this is indicative that people are in a state of some degree of deep concern. I myself will not attend. I'm too nervous. I'd have to wear a disguise if I did show up. [+]

No comments:

Most recent posts

Alphabetical index of keywords -- sub-keywords

Useful Links

[+] Dave Pizer's blog on this issue of democray at Alcor.

[+] Mark Plus Blog.

Authors of this site--
Current-- Philossifur@yahoo.com